In 2001 Australia under the Captaincy of Steve Waugh had won 16 consecutive test matches, but their winning streak had broken by Team India under the captaincy of Dada. Again it happened in 2007 but this Oz captain is Ponting and Indias Captain is Anil. What a dramatical victory it is! When it happened before all said India had the home advantage. But this time India proved once again that we are the only team in the World to take on the Oz and defeat their in their bastion itself.
Winning in the Perth is always special to everyone especially to the subcontinent countries. Before entering into the field, all experts suggested that this match will not go beyond more than 4 days. It was true, but the result was different. Only similarity between two matches is VVS( Very Very Special) banged in both the matches, especially in second innings. Indian bowlers used the condition well than the Oz bowlers. The big flop in the Oz side is Shaun Tait, the speed machine. He didn’t bowl even one good delivery in both the innings. Both Indian batting and bowling was excellent. Oz cannot stop us from the victory. This will remain as the one of the best victories for Indians in their life time.
Records created in the Perth:
1. Yet again Ozs 17th consecutive victory was denied by Indians
2. Jumbo becomes the third man in test cricket to cross the 600 wickets landmark.
3. Dravid become the second highest catch taker in Test Match along side with Stephen Fleming
4. Pathan finishes his 1000 landmark in his Test career
5. Husseys first duck
6. Chris Roggers made his Debut in International arena, he is the 399th player to cap the Oz side
7. RP Singh hits his first six in the International match
8. Michell Johnson scored his first Test half century
9. Last but not the least, India is the first subcontinent to win the match in Perth.